Wednesday, August 02, 2006


I am currently working as a waitress at Colton's Steakhouse (very similar to Roadhouse). I don't know that I am very gifted at this, and it definitely is far from what I imagined doing after five years of college, but it is getting us through the summer... if you are curious, the site is www.coltonssteakhouse.com I make $2.13 an hour, plus tips - I doubt most customers realize this, I always assumed servers made minimum wage - until I became one. It's okay, but I am looking forward to a job with some stability, daytime hours, insurance and benefits... Still no news on a teaching job. Apparently it's a very competitive market here and you have to know somebody - which I don't. I'm looking into substituting, as well as Wal-Mart corporate, and other unrelated jobs. I'll post when something exciting happens in this area.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: