Well, I figured I'd post some pics from our first Washington Easter. We were actually planning on going to Vancouver, to spend Easter with Thomas's aunt, uncle and cousins who live there, but as I was baking Easter cookies to take with us on the trip, I burned myself and had to go to the doctor. It was a second-degree burn on my thumb, but because it was on my fingertip (which is one place with more nerve endings than any other part of your body), it was pretty painful. Fortunately, the skin was still intact and the blisters were under the surface, so I didn't have to have burn creams or dressings, but had I torn the skin, I would have, so we decided not to go so that I wasn't risking doing something crazy (like putting clothes on or fastening Jace's shoe) where I might tear the skin. I think I am out of the danger zone now, however, and we ended up having a nice Easter even though we regretted not being able to go and spend it with family.
We went to Wal-Mart (very last minute so it was a MADHOUSE) and got THE LAST bag of multi-colored, cheap plastic eggs (I had seven women stop me, inquiring about the eggs before I even left the aisle) and filled them with candy. We gave him his Easter basket in the morning (which, fortunately, I had already bought the stuff for and put together), which contained the movie Happy Feet, a new Thomas the Train toy (Gordon for you Thomas fans), a chocolate bunny and some assorted candy. Then, in the afternoon, we hid the eggs in the backyard and he had an egg hunt, which was the highlight of the day - he loved it! For Easter dinner, I still didn't feel like cooking, although I had healed considerably, my burn was still very sensitive to heat, so, we went out for Chinese food! :-) It was very laidback, and turned out to be nice since things have been such a whirlwind since we moved. So although we were bummed about missing the trip, we still had a nice, relaxed holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment